If you studied at the University of Newcastle (Australia), Newcastle Teachers’ College, or Newcastle CAE/HIHE, you may enjoy a trip down memory lane by browsing through some of the diverse selection of serials published by student societies or by the institutions themselves. These include:
- 2NUR Programme Guides
- Altjiringa (NTC, NCAE, HIHE)
- Back Page – Newsletter of the University Sports Union
- Bent Pages: Newcastle University Queer News
- Conferring of Degrees and Awards (Graduation) booklets
- OPUS (NUCSA and NUSA)
- University Campus Bulletin / The Bulletin / Van Gogh’s Ear
- University News / UniNews
- Friends of the University News
All of these serials are held in the University Archives.
Some wonderful volunteers in the Cultural Collections team have digitised them and we have finally brought them together in Living Histories @ UON. You can browse through them at https://livinghistories.newcastle.edu.au/nodes/view/79874 or search for a name at https://livinghistories.newcastle.edu.au/nodes/index
If you have some recollections you would like to share with the world, we have some instructions.