We have just transferred the wonderful Northumberland and Permanent Building Investment Land and Loan Society collection of land subdivision plans from our Flickr site to the Living Histories site. As we did so, we added some details, corrected information and generally fixed up the records.
We invite you to help us to make more improvements:
- If you can find the reference to the land sale in the National Library’s Trove newspaper database, you can send it to us in an email. Please include the link to the subdivision plan and the link to the newspaper article. For example:
- Living Histories link: Belmont Park Estate, Belmont, Lake Macquarie, Anniversary Day [n.y]. – https://livinghistories.newcastle.edu.au/nodes/view/78972
- Trove article: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article137510036
- Geotag the plans by following the instructions at https://livinghistories.newcastle.edu.au/nodes/view/67979
- Create a KMZ file for a subdivision plan so it can be overlaid onto a current Google Earth map. This is not for the faint-hearted, but we know that this expertise exists in the community. There is an example of a plan with a KMZ file available for download at https://livinghistories.newcastle.edu.au/nodes/view/79037 and you can see a screen shot of the result at https://hunterlivinghistories.com/2018/07/18/maitland-in-1861/
There is some information about KMZ files on the Google site.
- Let us know if there are any errors in the records.
- Contribute photos.
Any help you can give us is much appreciated!